Antigua & Barbuda Progressive Society
Save The Date! - 84th Anniversary Gala
Saturday | September 22nd, 2018
A Little About Us
The Antigua Progressive Society was founded in 1934 during the Great Depression, by a group of 22 Antiguan nationals under the leadership of Bishop James P. Roberts.
In 2010, the by-laws of the Society were revised to include Barbuda hence the organization became The Antigua and Barbuda Progressive Society Inc. The Antigua and Barbuda Progressive Society’s emblem – “The Lighthouse" represents a beacon of light in our community, projecting the values of Faith, Hope, Charity and Loyalty to all. In 1964, the Society purchased a brownstone at 12 West 122nd Street in Harlem, which still functions as its Headquarters.